These classes and seminars emphasize personal defense at contact distance using the practical application of hand-to-hand disciplines, such as wrestling and boxing.
Map pins show approximate location.
No Events Available
The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) course is a two and a half day (20 hours) block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative
The ShivWorks Extreme Close Quarter Concepts (ECQC) course is a two and a half day (20 hours) block of instruction which focuses on a multi-disciplinary approach to building functional, combative handgun skills at zero to five feet. The course is designed to instill core concepts of seamless integration and provide the platform for aggressive problem solving during a life or death struggle. A heavy emphasis is placed upon commonality of body mechanics between skill sub-sets, which means that all combative software is reinforcing. Once the student’s skill sets are initially ingrained, the participant will be stress inoculated with force on force drills utilizing marking cartridges and protective equipment.
september 22 (Friday) - 24 (Sunday)
The skills you learned on the target shooting range or in your CCW class may not work for you when the fight happens within arms’ reach. Extreme close range gun
The skills you learned on the target shooting range or in your CCW class may not work for you when the fight happens within arms’ reach. Extreme close range gun fighting is a completely different skill set, one that relies far more on FIGHTING than on mere shooting.
With up to 50% of gunfights occurring at ranges closer than five feet, you need this skill set! Join Greg Ellifritz as he teaches a dynamic close quarters gun fighting class that will cover the following topics:
– Retention Shooting Positions
– Body positioning and shooting stances for the close quarters fight
– In-fight weapons access and drawing skills
– Stopping and opponent’s draw
– Making contact shots without creating malfunctions
– Close quarters gun disarms
– One handed close quarters malfunction drills
– Using the pistol as an impact weapon
– Drawing and shooting from unconventional positions
– Weapons access and gun fighting from the ground
– Rescuing a partner or family member who is in an opponent’s clinch
– Weapons retention, both in holster and in hand
– and numerous other techniques!
This is not the class for a beginning shooter! Proper gun handling skills and evidence of prior training is a prerequisite for the course. Prior training in a combative martial art or police defensive tactics class will be useful, but not required. The class will be somewhat physically demanding, so please show up expecting to work hard.
All Day (Saturday)
West Union OH